Monday, May 30, 2011

Welcome to life as I know it

Welcome to life as I know it. After having numerous friends and family members request that I write more often, and determining they are gluttons for punishment for requesting such a thing, I have succumbed to the lure of the blog.

I feel that there are a few disclaimers I need to put out there as we start this journey together.  First of all, I am often snarky, and I recognize that might not translate well into the printed word.  Please accept my humblest of apologies if my sarcasm comes across harsher than I intended.  Secondly, since I mostly blather about the people and situations I know, I will be changing names to protect, well, to protect me lest people get miffed.  I figure that my kidlets might enjoy knowing Mom is writing about them now, but that will change as they get older.

Oddly enough, my largest hesitation in putting hands to the keyboard here was my inability to come up with names for my family.  It was hard enough naming the kidlets when they were born.  Coming up with new names was tantamount to torture.  I toyed with using the astrological signs, but then the powers that be changed them and I can't be bothered re-learning something that I never took seriously in the first place.  I finally settled on using the Chinese zodiac animals since they are easy enough to look up in the event that I blank and forget what names I am supposed to use. The fact that I now have the excuse to innocently call my hubby "Pig" was an added bonus.

That being said, let me introduce myself to you as Dragon.  I have been happily married to Pig for ten years now.  Together we have three kidlets:  Horse and Rooster, our daughters, and Pig Jr., our son.  I am a stay-at-home mom who often forgets what life was like back in the pre-kid days, but I blame that lack of memory on all the brain cells that the kidlets took from me during their respective pregnancies.  I am sure that you will be hearing a lot about our little family throughout this journey.

Welcome once more to life as I know it.  It might be a bumpy ride, but it sure has its fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment