The time changed this morning. I really wish it had consulted me first, but alas, I had no say in the matter.
We did remember to change our alarm clock before going to bed last night. However, since I have to take medicine at the same time every morning, I had to figure out what time I needed to set the alarm in order to take the medicine only half an hour off from normal. (Tomorrow will be the remaining half hour difference to adjust me to taking my medicine at 5:30AM every day. That is the time that best fits into my schedule with getting the kidlets off to school.) This is further complicated by the fact that our bedroom clock is actually set ahead of what it should be. Having to wake up at five o'clock in the morning is annoying. It feels better when the clock states 5:30AM even though we know that is half an hour faster than what time it really is. Unfortunately, trying to figure out a new time, plus adjusting for our fast clock, when I was already up past my bedtime was next to impossible. I gave up and asked Pig to figure it out for me. I'm still not sure if he was right, but at least it's not my fault if the time was wrong.
Springing ahead is generally the one time change that works out better for me with the kidlets. They technically still sleep to the same time, but turning the clocks ahead actually makes them stay in bed an hour later. Unfortunately, that happens to be the hour we all just missed out on sleeping through, but it still makes me feel better to think they slept until eight o'clock in the morning. Hey, I take what I can get these days. It wound up being irrelevant anyway since Pig Jr. was up coughing far earlier than he should have been. I missed out on pretending the kidlets were sleeping in because I needed to give my son a nebulizer treatment before the crack of dawn. Lucky me.
I suppose that in the long run, it is better to have the clocks set differently because the kidlets will start rising with the sun regardless of what the clock says. However, until all the kidlets are healthy again, I am still going to resent it.
No comments:
Post a Comment