This will be my last blog entry for this blog. Too much has happened in just a short time.
The long and short of it all is that my husband, who I had jokingly dubbed "Pig" here (because of the Chinese zodiac sign for his year of birth), and I will be getting a divorce. This was not something I ever wanted out of life, but the decision has been taken out of my hands when he informed me he would not be leaving his mistress. Now, I am regretting a number of things, especially my choice of zodiac names for everyone.
At the time, I thought it would be amusing to have Pig, Horse, Rooster, and Pig Jr. be the members of my family. Now, it hurts too much. Well-meaning individuals have been referring to my husband by his blog name. I know they are just trying to be supportive of me in this trying time, but I have no desire to call him any names, but especially not "Pig." That had been, at the time, an endearing nickname. No matter what my feelings are towards him at this moment, he is still the father of my children. They were conceived in love. There had to have been something redeeming about him at some point in time, or I would not have married him, let alone had three children with him.
To those who have sent me their love and support since hearing this news, I offer you my thanks. I have no idea how I am going to get through the days and weeks ahead, but I will do my best to pull myself together for my children. For those that formerly communicated with me through the online game of KoL that my husband and I played, I am leaving that game. If you wish to contact me in any other way, please find the Murphy Brawn Facebook page that I had set up to post links to this blog. You can leave me a message there, if you like. Please be advised though: That is a public page, so anyone can see it. That means I do not wish to see any name-calling there, even if you think it is to support me right now. Regardless of his indiscretions, he is still the father of my children.
Most likely, the children and I will be moving in with my parents in just a short while. My husband will be finding an apartment elsewhere. I will have to find a good divorce attorney, dust off my archaic resume, find a job, get my act together, and find a more permanent place for the kidlets and I to live. I appreciate more than anything that my parents are willing to take us in right now. Otherwise, I have no idea where we would go. I have no paying job as a stay-at-home mother. Even the car is in my husband's name.
We are currently under contract and waiting for our closing date in October on the sale of our house, so we would have to be moving out no matter what. I am glad I found out what I did before we purchased another house. I have no idea what is to be done with most of our things. Paying for storage is expensive, and it is unlikely that either my husband or myself will have room for much. Most of what we already have boxed and in storage has items for both of us, so it will all have to be gone through before we go our separate ways. I wish I had found out earlier, so the yard sale we just had early yesterday could have contained more items. Now, the thought of another sale this time of year simply fills me with dread.
A bizarre part of my brain keeps thinking it's a relief I will not have to cook with a set of pots and pans I cannot stand. They were a wedding gift from my in-laws back when my husband did all the cooking, so they were a style that he loves. What an odd thing to fixate on at a time like this.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. This is going to be extremely difficult for everybody involved, but especially our children. My husband and I both want what is best for them, and I truly hope it stays that way.
Thank you all for your support.
No comments:
Post a Comment