What a month it's been! Between the kidlets going back to school and everything going on with the sale of our house, I've been insanely busy. I have to laugh every time someone asks me what I am going to do with all my free time now that I have all three at school full-time. "Oh, not much. Just packing up an entire house to try and move God only knows where because we can't find anything short-term in town. Oh, and trying to recover from some sort of bizarre bacterial infection that's not strep, but gave me funky white spots on my tonsils and is making me more tired than I should be. Aren't you jealous?"
Gotta love the ignorant.
The kidlets are trying to cope with all of the moving plans by either denying our house will actually sell or by embracing it fully. For their sakes, this had better all be over within the next two months, as is our current plan.
Pig Jr. has had multiple accidents at school and even more at home, which is unlike him, but makes sense with the turmoil of starting kindergarten and all this talk of moving.
Rooster has been sobbing for months now every single time moving is mentioned, except for this morning. "I can't wait to move!" When asked why, she responded with, "Because then I can get away from Lacie." Two and a half weeks into school, and she already has someone trying to boss her around in her classroom. Lacie had previously tormented Rooster in kindergarten, so this is not a total surprise, but I had been hoping that little devil spawn would mature a bit over first grade. (I'm sorry. That's not very nice of me. My apologies to devil spawn everywhere for giving them a bad name by comparing them to that child.)
And then there's Horse. She desperately wants her own room, yet does not want to leave the only town in which she remembers residing. Horse is also in these awful tween years where she's not a little kid anymore, but she is also not really old enough to be as independent as she would like. She has been asking me if she can walk home from school with her friends, which I am okay with provided she stays within visual range of my overprotective eyes. Not for nothing, but there are at least four registered sex offenders living in our one square mile town, along with known gang activity. No stinkin' way am I letting her walk home at her age without me knowing exactly where she is and if she is safe. On the other hand, I want her to spread her wings a bit, and enjoy whatever time she has left with these friends. Well, today, another friend asked her if she could walk home with her, and Horse told her no because she only wanted to walk with her other friends. This does not fly in my world. Adding another girl who is already a friend to a group is an option. Deliberately excluding a friend is not. To be fair to Horse, she claims she thought her friend was asking her to not walk with anyone else but her, and she had already told her other friends she would walk with them. I am not entirely sure I believe my daughter. She is not exactly the most truthful kid on this planet, and she inherited her mother's complete lack of tact in certain settings. I would not put it past her to deliberately rephrase things to make herself look better.
I am done with this school year already, and it's still only September.
No comments:
Post a Comment