Yesterday morning, I opened my jeans drawer only to discover that the three pairs of jeans that actually fit over my hips were currently residing in the hamper. Dang it. I figured I could throw a load of clothes in the washer, but I needed to wear something other than pajama bottoms to take the kidlets to school. Back in the far recesses of my mind, I remembered using a rubber band around the button and through the buttonhole instead of buttoning up my jeans when I had been pregnant and not willing to break out the maternity pants just yet. Grumbling, I pulled out a pair of jeans that had not fit me for months, and got ready to hunt down a rubber band.
Instead, much to my surprise, those jeans fit. They even fit comfortably. I buttoned them up without having to suck in my gut, and was able to zip them up easily, even over the top of the thermal layer of pants I wear in the winter and after tucking in my shirt. Huzzah! My exercise routine is starting to pay off already!
Just a few days ago, I had assembled my very first recumbent exercise bike, and I have been using it every day since then. Granted, I am not spending oodles of time on it, but twenty minutes a day, plus the five-minute stretching to both warm up and cool down, means I have a half hour to myself that also gives me the chance to catch up on some reading. I have not really had the chance to see much more than a couple of pounds disappear, which may or may not mean anything due to how weight can fluctuate anyway, but having those jeans finally fit again implies to me that this is working.
After yesterday's blissful jeans experience, I decided to do a short workout on the Wii Fit (I have a program of exercises on which I am concentrating.) and then do my twenty-minute cycling. This was the first time I combined the two different types of exercising.
I first realized this was a mistake when I sat down to start pedalling and my legs did not want to move from their position with my feet on the floor. They were tired already, dang it, and I had not even started using my exercise bike yet. I lowered the resistance level to make it less difficult, but still had to remind myself to keep pedalling. By the time the timer said I had worked out for five minutes, I was sweating, exhausted, not really paying much attention to what I was reading, and monitoring my heartbeat to make sure I was staying within the proper zone. (Sadly, I was, so I couldn't even use that as an excuse to slow it down.) Another five minutes later, and I was no longer even attempting to read my book. Five minutes after that and I was wondering if I should have moved the phone closer so that if I collapsed I could still reach it to dial 9-1-1. By the time the timer beeped at the end of those twenty minutes of torture, I had convinced myself I would never be able to walk again.
Thankfully, after just a few stretches and walking around a bit, I felt right back to normal. Ingesting a glass of water helped, too. I am no longer positive that it is a good idea to use the Wii Fit right before pedalling my legs right off my body, but I shall probably attempt it again just to see if it gets easier.
I hate how I feel while I am exercising, but darned if I'm going to stop it now that the results starting to show.
No comments:
Post a Comment