Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tax Time

Pig is off getting our taxes done right now. I was supposed to go with him, but sick kidlets put a damper on that plan. (Our babysitters did volunteer to watch them anyway, but I really did not want them to contract any and all illnesses that are currently residing in our house.) So in lieu of participating today, I had my usual "fun" organizing everything prior to getting the taxes done. Pig's job is to show up on time, bring the folder that holds all of the paperwork on which I have spent far too many hours working, and pay the nice accountant when he or she is finished.

On his way out the door, I wished him luck. (I could have chanted, "Refund! Refund! Refund!" but I thought that might be too over the top.) He thanked me for all of the work I did to get everything sorted, totalled, and put all together. Six-year-old Rooster was the one who piped up with, "You're welcome," as if she had done all the work. Gotta love kidlets.

I wish I could say I was relaxing at home now while the kidlets play (and probably infect one another), but instead, I just spent time looking up online to see how much money is required to get braces for a kidlet. Horse will most likely need them, and any potential refund check will have to go towards braces whether she wants them or not. I wanted to get a head's up on what braces cost so I would not have a heart attack in a couple of weeks when I drag Horse kicking and screaming to a consultation with an orthodontist. After seeing a few numbers online, I'm thinking that heart attack might be inevitable. At least any refund checks we get will help cushion the blow.

Refund! Refund! Refund!

No comments:

Post a Comment