In case anyone is curious, I am a fuzzy teddy bear. I am also cuddly and fluffy. This was stated as a proven fact by my four-year-old, who clearly suffers from an inability to properly categorize the world around him.
To the best of my knowledge, I am not fuzzy. This might perhaps mean that the boy needs to go for an eye exam sometime in the near future. Given that it has only been a short while since his eyes were checked, I am assuming that is not the case. Perhaps he is walking around squinting at me, which could lead to him thinking I am fuzzy. Either that or he really likes the fleece pullovers I have been wearing ever since the house temperature dropped below seventy-six degrees Fahrenheit.
Sadly, I have to concede the "fluffy" point. I have eaten more than my fair share of cookies and cupcakes in recent history. Though I am still trying to figure out why my newly acquired flab is not keeping me any warmer this year, I will admit that it has added to my overall fluffiness. If I keep eating like this, I'll look like the Stay Puft marshmallow man.
I am confused about the cuddly aspect of my son's description. Both my son and I have sensory issues and do not rank cuddling very high on the list of things to tolerate. Perhaps Santa should gift him with a children's dictionary this year.
Finally, I am perplexed about being considered a teddy bear. There's no fur, stuffing, or sew-on button nose. My ears do stick out more than average, but they are on the sides of my head, not the top. Come to think of it, my son has never actually owned a bear-shaped teddy bear. His stuffed animals tend to be other creatures, such as cats or elephants. Heck, he is even asking for a stuffed animal dragon for Christmas this year, much to his proud, dragon-loving mother's delight. But teddy bears? Pfft.
So now that we have established that there is no way I am a fuzzy, cuddly, teddy bear (I'm still sulking over the fluffy part), I think it's fairly obvious why I am agreeing to consider myself as such. At least it's obvious to me. My son, who will not remain little for very long, sees his mommy as a fuzzy, cuddly, fluffy teddy bear for some odd reason. There is no reason to question it. There is no reason to debate the dictionary definitions behind the words. If my little boy wants to picture me this way, I will agree, and I will guard this moment carefully in my heart. My son came over to give me a hug and to share his special view of me. Even when he's all grown up and embarrassed to have said such a silly thing to his mother, I can still conjure up the image of him resting his head on my shoulder to tell me that he loves his fuzzy teddy bear mommy. What a special little guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment