Wednesday, November 16, 2011

No, the house did not sell.

Well, tomorrow is our last day having our house on the market. We were unable to make a sell at this point in time and, quite frankly, we have no desire to have people poking around our house during the upcoming holiday season. Back in May when we first listed the house for sale, I thought for sure that I would be really upset if it did not sell. By now, however, I am just relieved that I won't have to worry about cleaning all the time.

Truth be told, I have not been overly worried about keeping the house neat these past couple of months since school started. I've had other things to keep me occupied: errands, homework, three kidlets' worth of scheduling issues, and the insane amount of germs and viruses kidlets tend to bring home from school to name a few. So what if there are smiley faces drawn into the dust on the piano? Dusting stirs up, um, dust, which makes Pig Jr.'s reactive airways worse. At least I am trying to keep the bathroom clean with all of Rooster's tummy issues. We've had a few Open Houses, so the house was cleaned before those dates. As far as I am concerned, that is good enough.

Anyway, I am looking forward to being off the hook for a neat and tidy house. I am already planning on leaving a bunch of unfolded clean laundry lying around the house in randomly distributed laundry baskets just because I can. I will probably refuse to make the beds before taking the healthy kidlets to school in the morning. Heck, I might even add stick-figure bodies to the smiley faces on the piano. If I am feeling exceptionally daring, I might even leave the breakfast dishes on the counter before taking the kidlets to school.

Yep, I'm living life on the wild side as a suburban stay-at-home mom now that the house will be off the market. Yee-haw.

No comments:

Post a Comment