The dreaded stomach bug has entered our house. As of right now, Rooster is it's victim and we are hoping no one else gets it.
Rooster has now entered the doctor-ordered "if she throws up again, she will need to go to the emergency room" phase. The poor girl has been sick to her stomach seven times thus far in a three hour window. She has not gotten sick for almost two hours, but she still looks miserable. I am supposed to try her on small sips of water within the next hour and I pray that she can keep them down.
In the meantime, I am my usual nervous wreck basket case self when a stomach bug has made itself home in my family. I fear that it will make us all sick eventually. I fear that it will mean another emergency room visit for Pig if he gets it and has an insulin reaction and we cannot bring his blood sugars back to where they need to be. I fear that my washing machine will revolt at everything it has to clean. I fear both that the entire house will get sick all at once and that it will drag itself out and take a month or so to work its way through my family.
I feel hopeless. There's nothing I can do to make my daughter feel better. There's nothing I can do to prevent anyone else from contracting the virus that she was most likely contagious with before she showed any signs or symptoms. There's nothing I can do to settle my own stomach, which has been in knots since the school office called to tell me Rooster had gotten sick at school. I have no way of making this illness just go away.
The only things I can do are pray, hope, and wash my hands approximately three zillion times a day.
If, by chance, I do not blog here for the next few days, please be aware it is not because I am lying dead in a ditch somewhere. At least I hope it's not. It will be simply because I am dealing with a dreaded illness and do not wish to bore you with more puking stories. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment