Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why is my kidlets' favorite room the bathroom?

It's official. The kidlets' favorite room appears to unanimously be the bathroom. I do not understand this one little bit. Truth be told, it even creeps me out a little. I cannot wait until we have a house with a separate bathroom for Pig and I to share simply so that we do not have to stand in line behind our three time-wasters in order to use the facilities.

Pig Jr. has recently turned into a potty-time time-waster. I have no idea what he does in there, and he never appears to be doing anything wrong even when I check on him (a four-year-old who is quiet in the bathroom necessitates someone checking up on him). He will waste half an hour just to take ten seconds to pee, and it is a bit unnerving. I wonder if it's because it is the only room where his sisters cannot bother him, so he drags his experience out as long as possible.

Rooster has always been a fan of the bathroom. Whether she was playing around with flushing the toilet with her head in the bowl or climbing up on the bathroom sink to practice jumping down, she always found a way to have fun and give Mommy a heart attack. Lately, she has been taking forever to dry herself off and get dressed after having a shower. I suspect she just likes to cuddle up in her towel, since she does not seem to waste any time when her towel is not involved.

Horse is our biggest time-waster these days. She took forty-five minutes in the shower this evening. Granted, most of that was without the water running, and she is supposedly old enough to handle that whole routine by herself. The fact that her hair feels greasy like she has not washed it in months despite using up enough shampoo to clean our entire town's collective hair makes me look at her funny. Then again, head lice like clean hair, so it's probably for the best that she goes the filthy hippy route during the school year. Anyway, those forty-five minutes were apparently spent clowning around, since there were dirty footprints in the tub after she was done. I called her into the bathroom to explain the footprints and was told she had been stepping in and out of the shower repeatedly just so she could "act crazy" (her words, not mine).

In other words, I confronted Horse's teacher about the excessive homework so that he could cut back on her time spent working and she could use the newly saved time by coming up with new and interesting ways to make my eye twitch.

The funny part about all of this is that none of the kidlets are teenagers yet, so we are still years ahead of the greatest time-wasting portion of their bathroom-using lives. Pray that we sell our house so we can buy a larger one with a second full bath for us parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment