On this day before the New Year starts, otherwise known as New Year's Eve, I am pondering my irresolutions for 2012. No, that's not a typo, nor did spell-check pull one over on me.
My resolution for the New Year is quite simple, basically because it's been the same for the past few years now: I do not want to be pregnant on my birthday. Given that the baby shop is closed in my house, this is a fairly easy resolution to keep.
It's the irresolutions that get me every year: a bunch of things I would like to do, but have no real plan on making them happen, am not sure if they are even all possible, and cannot really be bothered determining whether or not they are wise choices anyway. I suppose one could call them the resolutions I am indecisive about creating and/or maintaining.
I want to simplify my life. Maybe. Some of this involves not being involved in group activities that really are not a good fit for me. (Why waste the energy on things that make me feel worse about myself?) This may or may not involve de-stressing and de-cluttering, too. Given that dropping out of group activities can cause just as much stress as staying in them, at least if you care about the other people involved, you can perhaps see why this is not necessarily a stress-free activity. Perhaps getting rid of extraneous junk would help, too, but we've already purged quite a bit from the house in preparation for selling it, which brings me to my next irresolution...
I want us to sell our house. I also want to have enough money left over to buy the house of our dreams. I also don't want my life torn upside-down by a realtor who calls ten seconds before the family sits down to dinner to tell us he'll be by shortly to show the house to someone who refuses to see it if we're in it. I'm also nervous about offending our previous realtor by finding a new one, and worried about dealing with a new one, too. I can't force the house to be sold, nor will I drop the price low enough to pretty much guarantee a sale, so this is stuck in the irresolution stage of hopes for the New Year.
I wish to feel healthier again. Since this will involve the cessation of cookie-consumption and the reintroduction of exercise, I am a bit ambivalent about its occurrence. I like cookies. Exercise...not so much. I suppose the Wii Fit will be able to help me out, but it has this nasty tendency to make my Mii (avatar) look much fatter than I feel it should. Harrumph.
Finally, my last irresolution of the moment is to be able to make a decision, stick with it, and not doubt myself once the decision is made. Yeah, right. Like that's going to happen...
Happy New Year, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment