This morning was yet another dreary Monday morning. The fog was quite intense when I first woke up, and although visibility improved a bit, the overcast gray day was starting to wear me down. Naturally, I decided to try the two things proven to cheer me up, at least temporarily, on icky days: shopping and baking.
My shopping trip went okay. I purchased the few necessary items at the local store (seriously...you don't want to discover that you've run out of toilet paper after the kidlets decide to use it all up without telling you...) but then dragged my weary self home without extending any monetary splurge. We really don't have the money for splurges right now anyway, although window shopping can certainly be fun, too.
When the shopping excursion failed to wake me up out of my dreary-day stupor, I decided to battle the Monday blahs by baking some chocolate chip cookies. If any food can make life seem better, chocolate has to be involved! And so I baked five dozen chocolate chip cookies. (That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. There's nothing else left over to witness for any other cookies that may or may not have been baked alongside those five dozen cookies. Just don't ask to smell my chocolate-laced breath.)
At the very end of my baking, at the same exact time I was removing the last batch of cookies from the oven, I saw the sun peek through the clouds. I set the cookie sheet down on the stovetop so I could get a better look out the window. Sure enough, the sun was shining, and what was left of the dreary gray clouds now looked fluffy and white. I know intellectually that baking chocolate chip cookies had nothing to do with the weather improving, but darned if I'm not going to give them the credit anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment