Well, it's about time that we saw enough snow that the kidlets were able to play in it. Granted, it was only about two inches, but that was still enough to bundle them up and shoo them outside. I also made the executive decision to push my husband out the door to shovel the driveway while I stayed inside and "did laundry." Technically, the washing machine did the laundry. I attempted to use the Wii Fit for the first time in ages now that I've shrunk my jeans again. (I'm blaming the washing machine for that, too.)
A couple of hours later, I called everybody to come inside the house. I am still amazed that kidlets who complain about walking to school in the "freezing cold weather outside" (translation: forty-two degrees Fahrenheit) have no problem spending hours outside when it is twenty-five degrees, provided there is snow on the ground.
Now that everyone is inside, had some water and a snack, and resting, they are all in a stupor. I'll even add myself to the stupor list. I clocked in a whole sixty minutes on the Wii Fit, and I'm fairly certain that doing anything more energetic than slumping in a chair would probably kill me. Even my favorite dairy-free chocolate chip cookies are not worth this exercise-related exhaustion and muscle soreness.
The adults in the household are starting to doze off as we sit and rest. This is pretty much a guarantee that in a few minutes, the kidlets will come into their second wind and turn hyper on us. I am holding on to the hope that they will all be in bed, asleep, by eight o'clock tonight. Surely I can manage to stay awake until then!
It's still nice to enjoy a snow day stupor. Two inches of snow would not have been enough to cancel school, so I am glad today's snow happened on a Saturday instead of a school day.
No comments:
Post a Comment