I detest all of the germs and viruses that kidlets bring home with them from school. I loathe how miserable the kidlets feel and despise when they decide to share their "joy" with me. The younger the kidlet, the more often they seem to be sick, too.
Pig Jr. has been battling chronic sinusitis for ages now. Once he gets congested, he starts coughing and potentially wheezing. I know it's contagious because a few days after he starts coughing in my face, I wind up with it, too. So far we've had multiple pediatricians, an allergist, and an ENT weigh in on how to treat the problem. The ENT today decided to take a culture and have us come back next week after they determine what exactly is brewing in my boy's head so they can treat it properly. In the meantime, he has to just deal with his symptoms, and I with mine. (There's no bloody point in treating my own symptoms if he's just going to give it right back to me once I'm better. I'll wait until there is a treatment plan for him.)
I relayed all this information to Pig Jr.'s school nurse today, and asked her if she wanted me to keep him home until he's on his next course of sinusitis-specific antibiotics. She said to just send him in to school and to remind him to blow his nose. (Which I have been saying pretty much repeatedly to all three of my kidlets since school started back up in September...)
Her parting bit of knowledge was that there's a lot of puking and stomachaches floating around the school right now.
There are times when I truly hate the school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment