Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An hour of human interaction...

As a stay-at-home mom, I am sometimes quite desperate for human interaction. Doing laundry and cleaning the house just does not count as having a social life while the kidlets are off at school. Needless to say, when I saw a friend waving me over into her driveway as I walked home from dropping the kidlets off, I gladly went over to chat.

We talked about pretty much everything under the sun. We discussed kidlet health issues, the housing market, drunk drivers, furnaces, and who we've found is a decent plumber. We probably would have kept talking indefinitely had it not been for a text message my friend received after a while.

My friend's adult daughter texted her to essentially ask her to shut up and come inside to bring her some toilet paper. She was trapped in the bathroom without any. My friend smirked, told me what the message was, and then said, "So, what else would you like to talk about? I love having this kind of power!"

We both laughed, and said our good-byes. I am presuming she rescued her daughter shortly thereafter, since I did see her daughter at pickup time at school.

Upon my arrival at home, I was shocked to see that I was walking in the door an hour later than normal. It seemed as if my friend and I were only talking for a few minutes, fifteen tops. I guess that's a sign of a great conversation: the time absolutely flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment