Intellectually, I know that washing and drying clothes is not that complex of a chore. Theoretically, I know that folding and putting away the clean clothes only takes me about ten minutes after I bring the full laundry basket up from the laundry room. However, I will absolutely refuse to fold and put away the clothes until I have run out of empty laundry baskets.
I have no idea where I picked up this awful habit. I suspect it has something to do with three kidlets who keep me jumping so that I do not always have the required ten minutes to complete any given load of laundry.
As it stands right now, I know that I can take five complete oversized loads of laundry, wash it all, dry it all, and throw it all in laundry baskets before I run out of room and have to tackle the chore. Mathematically, I know five loads of wash times ten minutes a pop means fifty minutes of tackling this project before it will be completed. Ten minutes is so much shorter and feels like it is taking over less of my life. If I don't have ten whole minutes to work on the laundry, why on earth do I wait until I need fifty?
One of these days, I shall figure out a solution to the laundry problem. The kidlets already fold and put away their own clothes, with the exception of the items I hang up. That helps a bit, although I still have to sort everything. I prefer to not have the clean clothing dragging all over the floors, which is why the kidlets are not required to do more towards helping out with this task.
All I know is that the laundry is currently winning this battle. I wonder how long it will take for it to be a shutout and I can give up and go hide.
No comments:
Post a Comment