Kidlets never give their parents advanced notice of anything. It's either last minute notice or nothing. Right now, any parent reading this is probably nodding their head because they just had to go buy something their kidlet needed for school today and just told them about over breakfast.
Today, I went in to the bathroom to turn on the shower for Rooster, only to be informed she had no more underwear. First of all, I washed all of the clothes a week ago or less, depending on the type of laundry. Secondly, the girl owns at least ten pairs of underwear. While I was mumbling some nasty things under my breath while putting it all in the washing machine shortly thereafter, I counted at least sixteen pairs. Sixteen. How on earth does a seven-year-old girl go through sixteen pairs of underwear in approximately five days?
While I appreciate the fact that my daughter wanted only clean clothing to go on her body, I certainly do not like having to start laundry late in the afternoon after a long day. My general plan is to make sure the last load of laundry goes into the washer before I go pick the kidlets up from school. So much for that plan today.
I'm thinking that my next trip to the store is going to entail purchasing at least ten more pairs of underwear for my kidlet. Maybe this way, I can wash that load of laundry only once a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment