Rooster has had a loose tooth since approximately the dawn of time, or so it seems. Last night, Pig decided he had had enough of her wiggling the dang thing. So when he brought the kidlets in to the bathroom to brush their teeth before bed, he decided to yank the tooth out of it's spot in her mouth.
This was, coincidentally, right around the same exact time Rooster let out a scream loud enough to wake the dead and freaked herself out over the blood that came out of the new hole in her mouth. This meant that the other two kidlets were concerned (and a little queasy) over the blood, and I was biting my own tongue to not scold my husband for taking care of something that I certainly didn't want to deal with in the first place.
You'd think with all the yelling and crying and general brouhaha that occurred in my house, the Tooth Fairy would have realized that a tooth had been lost.
This morning, Rooster ran excitedly out to the tooth box where the kidlets put any lost teeth, and discovered...wait for it...her tooth. Dang it. This was the first time the Tooth Fairy has made an oops and skipped right over our house. Personally, I think she must not have consumed enough caffeine to keep her up late last night. I'm guessing she passed out, oh, not too long after the kidlets did. Call it a hunch.
At least Rooster is resilient. She promptly sat down and wrote out a note for the Tooth Fairy. The spelling and punctuation are as she wrote it:
Dear Tooth Fairy, I had a tooth
in the tooth fairy box redde for
you. I hope you get it
From.
Rooster
:-)
(Technically, she drew an upright smiley face under her name. I have no idea how to do such a thing on a computer.)
I have the sneaky feeling the Tooth Fairy will pay dearly for her little oops last night. I just really hope she notices Rooster's note and remembers to do her exchange. I probably should leave something caffeinated out just in case she needs it, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment